Zara eyes to expand its presence in smaller cities and semi-rural areas
Zara's plans to sell online in India will help the brand expand its presence beyond the eight cities it is present in currently.March 18, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Zara, one of the world’s largest fashion retailer, is likely to sell online in India.
Inditex, or Industria de Diseño Textil SA, in its results statements for the year ended 31 January 2017 said, "In 2017, Zara expects to launch online sales in India."
The company in its statement said, "To be sure, Zara started leveraging the online sales route only in March this year in just two countries, Singapore and Malaysia. It will start selling online in Thailand and Vietnam in next few weeks."
Zara's plans to sell online in India will help the brand expand its presence beyond the eight cities it is present in currently. Smaller cities and semi-rural areas are seen to be the next growth driver for e-commerce companies.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Amazon to host sneaker fest from 25th to 28th May
- Tailorman launches its Ready To Wear line
- Johnson Controls-Hitachi expects India to become one of its top three markets
- Arvind Uppal to step down as Whirlpool Corp's Presiden
- Indiabulls ventures into LED lighting business
- Jeff Bezos gives $1 million to support press freedom
- Jesper Broding becomes new CEO for Ikea Group
- Future Retail to set up 4000 Easyday stores in five years
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints three new board members
- Shoppers Stop plans creating ‘transformation’ experience in its stores