Xiaomi may trigger price war in the Rs 22,000 cr television market in India
Thomson has launched two more smart television models of 40-inch and 32-inch at one of the lowest prices in the market.April 13, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
France’s Technicolor SA-owned television brand Thomson has aggressively priced its range for the Indian market which can trigger a fresh round of price war in the Rs 22,000 crore television market.
After Chinese smartphone and electronics maker Xiaomi, yet another France’s Technicolor SA-owned brand Thomson has entered into an exclusive licensing agreement with Indian contract manufacturer Super Plastronics whereby it launched three television model at an aggressive price selling exclusively through Flipkart.
Accordingly, 43-inch ultra HD Thomson television is priced at Rs 27,999 as compared to Xiaomi’s 55-inch ultra HD model priced at Rs 39,999. Other mainstream brands are sold upwards of Rs 50,000. Thomson has launched two more smart television models of 40-inch and 32-inch at one of the lowest prices in the market.
Super Plastronics CEO Avneet Singh Marwah said the company expects to capture 6-7% share of the market and make Thomson the largest online smart TV brand in India.
He said, “We have planned to put one more manufacturing line of LED TV by next-quarter. While technology and innovation remain the same, we have worked on many aspects of the TV keeping in mind the Indian choice for aesthetics, colour, and sound.”
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- I-Life Sets Selling Target To 1.3L laptops In India This Year
- NRI billionaire Yusuffali To Buy UK's 'Harrogate Spring Water'
- Amazon builds India-first experiences for Smart Speakers
- Amazon begins 'Key In-car' delivery service to vehicles
- Gap India Expand Presence With 60 New Old Navy stores
- Videocon approaches NCLT For Joint Hearing Of Insolvency Cases
- Katrina Kaif to endorse jewellery brand Kalyan Jewellers
- Varun Raheaja owned Luxury jewellery brand Azotiique launches Store In Mumbai
- Alcis Sports Enters Tie-up With FIFA
- Suresh Prabhu To Convene First E-commerce Think Tank Meeting For Framework of National Policy On E-Commerce