The Nielsen Company and Facebook form alliance to measure marketing effectiveness
The Nielsen Company and Facebook have announced a multi-year, strategic alliance to help marketer’s better use the Internet to develop and market new products.
September 30, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Nielsen Company and Facebook have announced a multi-year, strategic alliance to help marketer’s better use the Internet to develop and market new products. The alliance combines Facebook’s global consumer reach with Nielsen’s market research expertise to provide better insight and information to marketers around the world. Nielsen BrandLift measures aided awareness, ad recall, message association, brand favorability and purchase consideration via a set of short, specially designed one or two question surveys. Working directly with Facebook’s advertising clients; Nielsen will conduct hundreds of Nielsen BrandLift tests over the coming months. The surveys appear on Facebook’s homepage in the same space where people see sponsored messages today, with a look, feel and functionality that fit neatly into the existing Facebook experience. “Facebook is an increasingly vital link between consumers and brands,” said John Burbank, CEO of Nielsen’s online division. “We will now be able to add deep knowledge of this important social network to our unmatched media measurement and consumer insight across all three screens. Together we will be able to provide the missing elements to clients seeking better understanding of how Web content and online advertising affect consumer behavior.” BrandLift will help measure consumer attitudes and purchase intent from display advertising that appears on the site. Retailers can use the various marketing options that facebook offers – like display advertising, seeding campaigns, etc. to promote their brand to a focused demographic. Indian retailers will benefit hugely from this as they can get an awareness of brands, brand sentiment, brand consideration, purchase intent, campaign recall, and brand linkage.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Woodland expects Rs 400 crore export turnover by next two years
- Raymond collaborates with KVIC to promote Khadi
- LG to launch its 'LG Signature' premium brand of products in July
- Cow dung cakes being sold through e-commerce portals
- AION Capital in talks to buy stake in Future Group Holding Co
- Paytm to launch payments bank next week, names Renu Satti as its new CEO
- Panasonic India teams up with TCS to set up innovation Centre
- Espirit may soon open bricks and mortar stores in India
- Raymond launches ‘Khadi by Raymond’
- Paysense raises $5.3 million in Series A Funding