Tata Motors achieves No.1 position in the domestic bus market
Tata officials attributed its strong comeback in the bus segment to good traction in both SRTUs (state road transport undertakings) and private market businesses.April 20, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Tata Motors has achieved the Number One position in the domestic bus market by wresting the top spot from Ashok Leyland. The company was able to achieve this due to strong growth in volumes across segments.
During FY-17, the domestic bus market (medium and heavy) grew by eight per cent at 47,262 units.
Both Tata and AL dominate the domestic market with a combined market share of about 76 per cent.
Tata officials attributed its strong comeback in the bus segment to good traction in both SRTUs (state road transport undertakings) and private market businesses.
According to Ravi Pisharody, Executive Director, Commercial Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, "In FY 16-17, Tata Motors volumes grew by 26 per cent in the IMHCV (intermediate, medium and heavy commercial vehicle) bus category, gaining seven per cent market share."
Some of the major orders included 1,510 vehicles, representing 82 per cent of the total order, from the Uttar Pradesh government and 100 per cent order each from Rajasthan and Haryana (total: 870 vehicles).
Tata also bagged order for 630 vehicles, 40 per cent share of business, from Andhra Pradesh. In the private segment, apart from private orders of SRTUs, the company secured good volumes of CNG and inter-city buses.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Amazon plans to open 13 more bookstores in US by year end
- Randeep, Sunny Leone to feature in Splash Fashion's new brand campaign
- Metro Cash & Carry India mulls over relocation within Ludhiana
- Zivame, Benneton apply single-brand retail licence
- ChrysCapital likely to acquire Mufti for Rs 500 Crore
- Metro Shoes posts Rs 13 crore online sales
- Amazon to host sneaker fest from 25th to 28th May
- Tailorman launches its Ready To Wear line
- Johnson Controls-Hitachi expects India to become one of its top three markets
- Arvind Uppal to step down as Whirlpool Corp's Presiden