TCL television sales Rises by over 120% in India in 2017
TCL becomes the latest brand to become aggressive in the Rs 22,000 crore television market currently dominated by Samsung, LG, Sony and Panasonic.April 16, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
Chinese consumer electronics major, TCL has registered a sales surge of over 120% to more than one lakh units in 2017. The company now wants to launch a new smart television brand in the country.
With the launch of the new brand, it wants to further strengthen its leadership position in the global LCD TV segment where it currently holds 10.9% share.
TCL was re-launched in India as an Amazon exclusive 18 months back and is now also making in-roads into offline distribution network for deeper regional penetration said the company.
Mike Chen, country manager at TCL India, said with the new TV brand it wants to provide Indian customers with a smart, one-stop solution that caters to their specific requirement by giving them the option of choosing what they want to watch across multiple channels of consumption.
TCL becomes the latest brand to become aggressive in the Rs 22,000 crore television market currently dominated by Samsung, LG, Sony, and Panasonic. Samsung is the largest television brand in the country with around 30% share followed by LG and Sony.
Recently Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi entered the segment with aggressive pricing and ambitions to become the largest television brand online. French brand Thomson has also just entered the online TV market with aggressive pricing. The television market in India has of-late become highly cluttered with over 30 brands.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- I-Life Sets Selling Target To 1.3L laptops In India This Year
- NRI billionaire Yusuffali To Buy UK's 'Harrogate Spring Water'
- Amazon builds India-first experiences for Smart Speakers
- Amazon begins 'Key In-car' delivery service to vehicles
- Gap India Expand Presence With 60 New Old Navy stores
- Videocon approaches NCLT For Joint Hearing Of Insolvency Cases
- Katrina Kaif to endorse jewellery brand Kalyan Jewellers
- Varun Raheaja owned Luxury jewellery brand Azotiique launches Store In Mumbai
- Alcis Sports Enters Tie-up With FIFA
- Suresh Prabhu To Convene First E-commerce Think Tank Meeting For Framework of National Policy On E-Commerce