ShopX targets to bring 75000 retailers on its platform this year
The company claims it has grown by 40 times in the past eight monthsJune 05, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Bengaluru-based tech startup, ShopX, which partners with retailers and kirana store owners in smaller towns to provide its customers access to products via ecommerce, claims it has grown by 40 times in the past eight months.
Amit Sharma, CEO, ShopX, said, "The company expects to be profitable before 2017 ends."
He said, "Retailers don't trust companies like Amazon or Flipkart. We are not here to threaten them (retailers), but to work with them. One of our goals this year is to cross 75000 retailers and turn unit profitable."
ShopX pre-selects retailers by charging a non-refundable fee of Rs 1,000 per retailer to use the ShopX application.
Sharma added, "This ensures that the retailer is serious about it and it also guarantees that we make money with every retailer who comes on board," added Sharma. The company also has a strong relationship with brands where profit margins are higher.
According to Pramod Varma, Technology Advisor, ShopX, "the company has an edge as it operates in new markets and customer segments, unlike the overly competitive ecommerce market."
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Virtuous Retail Bags $175 Million Of Additional Equity
- Motorola Launches Three Moto Hubs In kolkata
- Wal-Mart Share Rises In 3rd Quarter
- Diamond Producers Association Begins Its Operation In India
- Raymond Aims To Double Its Turnover To 1000 Crore In 3-4 Years
- New York's Luxury Brand COACH Opens At IGI Airport
- ShopClues Launches Electronic Label Digimate
- Paytm Partners with ICICI Bank For Quick Credit
- Rural FMCG Market To reach $220 Billion By 2025
- BIBA Opens Its New Store In Ghittorni