ShopClues thanks Reliance Jio for increasing its consumer base by 50%
ShopClues believes that the program is going to help their sellers from smaller cities to better sell on its platform.March 18, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
In the past four months, e-commerce player ShopClues has witnessed an increase of 40-50% consumer base from tier II, III and IV. This growth is typically driven by the wider penetration that the LTE mobile network operator Reliance Jio has penetrated with its free call and internet services in smaller cities in India.
Radhika Agarwal, co-founder and chief business officer, ShopClues said, "Over the four months, there has been significant jump in the new customers that are coming from tier II, III and IV cities. A lot of these have been driven by, thanks to Ambani, for his Jio penetration going up in the tier II, III & IV cities. We have been saying this that ShopClues is a platform for tier II, tier III cities and that is reflecting in the numbers now in terms of new consumers, jump in orders etc."
Ambar Deep, AVP and head-Consumer Product, Shopclues, said, "India is a mobile nation and because of this intense internet penetration through Jio network in the smaller towns, we have witnessed a jump in the range of 40-50% on consumers’ side from tier II, III and IV cities in the past four months."
Currently having 5 lakh sellers, ShopClues believes that the program is going to help their sellers from smaller cities to better sell on its platform.
Sanjay Sethi, CEO and co-founder ShopClues said, "ShopClues is very focused on the Bharat of the country and that’s where differentiation coming in. Nowadays people do not ask us as how we are different from Amazon and Flipkart. 80-90 per cent of our products that we sell are unstructured in nature. These products don’t have very large brand behind them."
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Aurobindo Pharma Gets Final Approval From US Health
- Ace turtle partnered with Ninja Van to provide last mile delivery
- Leather exports to increase by 10% by 2022
- Myntra joins hands with government to promote hand-loom industry
- LUX On To Expand Business Through Women AND KIds Innerwear
- Livspace to invest Rs 70 crore on Global Designing Partnership
- Pepperfry launches its first franchise studio in Bangalore
- Favre-Leuba launched its iconic watch Raider Bivouac 9000
- Retail division reported 68.2% profit
- Srinivas Pathak appointed as a CFO and ED