Russia’s Largest Bank to Open Branch in India
Sberbank (Savings Bank), Russia’s oldest and largest state-run retail bank is to shortly open its branch in New Delhi as part of its strategy to expand in the emerging markets.
September 18, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Sberbank (Savings Bank), Russia’s oldest and largest state-run retail bank is to shortly open its branch in New Delhi as part of its strategy to expand in the emerging markets. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) last month cleared Sberbank’s application for opening a fully-operational branch in New Delhi. Currently it is completing the formalities for obtaining banking license from RBI and hiring staff. Established in 1841, Sberbank is the largest credit institution in Russia and the former Soviet space, accounting for about a quarter of the aggregate Russian banking assets and a third of banking capital. Under the new strategy, the Bank plans to build a foothold in India and China to generate about 5 per cent of net income outside Russia by 2014.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Amazon's Jeff Bezos , $5 billion away from the world's richest person
- Citrus Pay migrates customers to PayU Money
- Dassault Systèmes adds P&G to its list of 3DEXPERIENCE platform clients
- Craftsvilla looks to grow in-house brands to 30% of its business in next six months
- Alibaba's UCWeb hopes to be the largest content generator and service platform in India
- Alapatt ventures into e-commerce field
- Kalyan Jewellers acquires online jewellery firm Candere
- TataCliQ to foray into newer categories and expanding its brand portfolio
- Jaquar Group takes over sanitary ware manufacturing plant for INR 100 Crores
- TCS launches Merchant Pay, to integrate payments across multiple channels