Russia’s Largest Bank to Open Branch in India
Sberbank (Savings Bank), Russia’s oldest and largest state-run retail bank is to shortly open its branch in New Delhi as part of its strategy to expand in the emerging markets.
September 18, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Sberbank (Savings Bank), Russia’s oldest and largest state-run retail bank is to shortly open its branch in New Delhi as part of its strategy to expand in the emerging markets. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) last month cleared Sberbank’s application for opening a fully-operational branch in New Delhi. Currently it is completing the formalities for obtaining banking license from RBI and hiring staff. Established in 1841, Sberbank is the largest credit institution in Russia and the former Soviet space, accounting for about a quarter of the aggregate Russian banking assets and a third of banking capital. Under the new strategy, the Bank plans to build a foothold in India and China to generate about 5 per cent of net income outside Russia by 2014.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Paytm Payment Bank Launches Rupay Debit Card
- Whatsapp Launches Whatsapp Business For Small Business
- Quikr India Turnover Rises In FY17
- Jewellery Brand Voylla Launches Loyalty Program
- ICICI Venture To Invest $15.6 Million In Go Fashion India
- Carpediem Capital Invests $6.5 Million In 1-India Family Mart
- ITC May Report 7% Rise In Q3
- Puneet Agarwal Joins Mobikwik As Its Chief Risk Officer
- Motorola To Open 50 Moto Hubs In Delhi
- Patanjali Opens Exclusive Store At IGI