Rohit Bal plans to open 40 Balance stores in the next two years
The store will also feature an extensive range of Rohit Bal accessories - Sunglasses, Ties, Pocket Squares, Perfumes, Wallets and Leather bags for the first time.February 17, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Ace designer Rohit Bal, is on expansion spree as he plans to open around 40 stores of his label Balance in next two years.
After the successful launch of his standalone stores in Pune and Hyderabad, the master couturier opened his flagship store in Mehrauli in the capital.
Rohit said, "Actually we opened our first Balance store before anybody at the Crescent Mall in Lado Sarai. The mall has now shut down so the store is no longer there. But also the brand was going through a major revamp. Now this is the third Balance store in the country. We have plans to open around 40 Balance stores in the next two years."
He has joined hands with Mohnish Kabir Malhotra for the store that offers a range of casual to occasion wear. The store will also feature an extensive range of Rohit Bal accessories - Sunglasses, Ties, Pocket Squares, Perfumes, Wallets and Leather bags for the first time. Ask him about the inspiration behind the store and Bal says that its because of the "huge demand for ready-to-wear pieces."
He further added, "We already have two stores: one is our dedicated couture store in Defence Colony, and second is in Emporio. We are opening a third menswear store in Defence Colony. There is a huge demand for ready-to-wear pieces because usually an order takes a month to complete and to match this growing demand for off-the-shelf products, we decided to open this store in Delhi."
Malhotra, who is the franchise partner for this project, said that "it has been an absolute pleasure working with the maestro, understanding the brand and the way things function."
Malhotra said, "When I heard about the expansion plan and that the talks were on about franchising the Balance label to other cities, I candidly asked Rohit 'How about I take the franchise for the Delhi store?' and he immediately said yes. Here we are now, few months down the line: the store is ready. We are hoping, god-willing if it does well, to open many more stores in India."
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Aegon Life explores fintech and e-commerce platforms to sell policies
- Trent Hypermarket plans to open 50 retail stores, distribution centre in Hyderabad
- Pepe Jeans looks to foray into innerwear segment
- Future Group aims at 50 Central stores by year end
- Amazon India partners with Nuoaura for pan-India stationery supplies
- Alibaba and Tencent among new investors pouring $10 billion into China Unicom: Sources
- Cabinet approves India-Australia MoU on coorporation in textile sectors
- FreeCharge partners with digital entertainment companies to provide digital payment solutions to users
- Venture Catalysts to open offices in Lucknow, Kolkata and Nagpur in July
- GJF to launch Adhigam software to assist jewellers migrating to GST regime