Quikr Doorstep services to allow customers buy and sell used goods across cities
Quikr began testing its Doorstep service that offered customers in the same city an e-commerce-like experience of buying and selling used goods.April 21, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Online classifieds platform, Quikr has expanded its Doorstep services to allow customers to buy and sell used goods across cities.
This service expansion will mean buyers and sellers can be in different cities, making it the first company to offer such a service.
Quikr began testing its Doorstep service that offered customers in the same city an e-commerce-like experience of buying and selling used goods. The service offers to handle payments, packaging and shipping of goods on behalf of the seller for a commission.
Amazon, through its platform Junglee, offers a very similar service for intra-city transactions, with the added benefit of the massive visibility its e-commerce platform offers.
Anurag Saran, Chief Product Officer, Quikr, said, "Historcially, these transactions have been limited by where and when a buyer and seller could meet, exchange products and money. Intercity takes this smarter solution and amplifies it exponentially by bringing cross-country supply to buyers and demand to sellers."
According to Quikr, 30 per cent of used mobile sales on its platform are already happening between cities. Apart from mobiles, the company is also seeing demand for shipping fashion, electronic accessories and collectibles across cities.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- FedEx To Roll Out 500 More Stores Inside Walmart
- Blue Star Eyes AC market to grow at 15 to 20% in 2018
- Chargebee Raises Rs 120 Crore In Series C Funding
- Flipkart's Fashion Vertical Beat Myntra, Jabong, Revenue Hits $1bn
- Bata Launches First Exclusive Sportswear Store ‘POWER’ In India
- Tata Starbucks To Open 24 New Stores In India
- Myntra & Jabong Embrace Udacity To Technically Upskill Their Employees.
- Future Retail Receives RBI Nod For 49% Hike In RPFI
- Arvind Textiles Eyes Rs 10,000 Cr Business In 4-5 Years
- Hilton further strengthens partnership with Embassy Group in India