Quikr Doorstep services to allow customers buy and sell used goods across cities
Quikr began testing its Doorstep service that offered customers in the same city an e-commerce-like experience of buying and selling used goods.April 21, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Online classifieds platform, Quikr has expanded its Doorstep services to allow customers to buy and sell used goods across cities.
This service expansion will mean buyers and sellers can be in different cities, making it the first company to offer such a service.
Quikr began testing its Doorstep service that offered customers in the same city an e-commerce-like experience of buying and selling used goods. The service offers to handle payments, packaging and shipping of goods on behalf of the seller for a commission.
Amazon, through its platform Junglee, offers a very similar service for intra-city transactions, with the added benefit of the massive visibility its e-commerce platform offers.
Anurag Saran, Chief Product Officer, Quikr, said, "Historcially, these transactions have been limited by where and when a buyer and seller could meet, exchange products and money. Intercity takes this smarter solution and amplifies it exponentially by bringing cross-country supply to buyers and demand to sellers."
According to Quikr, 30 per cent of used mobile sales on its platform are already happening between cities. Apart from mobiles, the company is also seeing demand for shipping fashion, electronic accessories and collectibles across cities.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- We were never in discussion with Bigbasket for merger- Grofers CEO
- Government Plans To Cut GST On White Goods
- Virtuous Retail Bags $175 Million Of Additional Equity
- Motorola Launches Three Moto Hubs In kolkata
- Wal-Mart Share Rises In 3rd Quarter
- Diamond Producers Association Begins Its Operation In India
- Raymond Aims To Double Its Turnover To 1000 Crore In 3-4 Years
- New York's Luxury Brand COACH Opens At IGI Airport
- ShopClues Launches Electronic Label Digimate
- Paytm Partners with ICICI Bank For Quick Credit