Quikr Doorstep services to allow customers buy and sell used goods across cities
Quikr began testing its Doorstep service that offered customers in the same city an e-commerce-like experience of buying and selling used goods.April 21, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Online classifieds platform, Quikr has expanded its Doorstep services to allow customers to buy and sell used goods across cities.
This service expansion will mean buyers and sellers can be in different cities, making it the first company to offer such a service.
Quikr began testing its Doorstep service that offered customers in the same city an e-commerce-like experience of buying and selling used goods. The service offers to handle payments, packaging and shipping of goods on behalf of the seller for a commission.
Amazon, through its platform Junglee, offers a very similar service for intra-city transactions, with the added benefit of the massive visibility its e-commerce platform offers.
Anurag Saran, Chief Product Officer, Quikr, said, "Historcially, these transactions have been limited by where and when a buyer and seller could meet, exchange products and money. Intercity takes this smarter solution and amplifies it exponentially by bringing cross-country supply to buyers and demand to sellers."
According to Quikr, 30 per cent of used mobile sales on its platform are already happening between cities. Apart from mobiles, the company is also seeing demand for shipping fashion, electronic accessories and collectibles across cities.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints three new board members
- Shoppers Stop plans creating ‘transformation’ experience in its stores
- ShopClues aims to becomes everyday fashion destination
- Future Retail posts 17% increase in Q4 profit
- Brooks Brothers widens its online footprint with Tata CLiQ
- ABFRL partners with KVIC to sell Khadi products
- BIBA opens new flagship store in Mumbai
- Crocs launches new store in Bengaluru
- SnapBizz targets 3000 retailers by 2018
- Shahid Kapoor gets 'Best Entrepreneur Award'