PhonePe gives a boost to UPI during Flipkart’s Big 10 sale
Flipkart’s Big 10 sale has helped PhonePe add more users and see a sharp rise in transactions as it offered steep cashbacks of up to 30% for all transactions for the sale made through its appMay 19, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Digital payments platform, PhonePe has processed over one million transactions through UPI during the five day sale on Flipkart, which closed on Thursday.
Flipkart’s Big 10 sale has helped PhonePe add more users and see a sharp rise in transactions as it offered steep cashbacks of up to 30% for all transactions for the sale made through its app.
Sameer Nigam, CEO, PhonePe, said, “Overall, PhonePe saw 2.5-million transactions in the five days of the sale for a total value of Rs 250 crore, with its wallet seeing 1 million transactions and the rest coming from credit and debit cards, said.
According to Nigam, “PhonePe saw 40% of all prepaid transactions for Flipkart, Myntra and Jabong. 90% of the total traffic for Flipakrt's sale came through mobile. PhonePe also saw 1.6 million app downloads in five days.”
PhonePe's figures are likely to give a big boost to UPI numbers this month. According to data from the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), about 3 lakh UPI transactions have been done every day in the month of May so far. With this sale, PhonePe has alone seen over 2 lakh UPI transactions a day this week.
The sale may have also helped PhonePe surpass daily transaction numbers of the government-backed BHIM app.
While BHIM app has the highest share among UPI transactions, among private players, PhonePe seems to have the lead, and the numbers during the sale seems to have further boosted it.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- TCS Bags 5 Years Deal With Marks & Spencer
- Pantaloons Fashion Retail Appoints Sangeeta Pendurkar As CEO
- Vivo Opens Online Store In India
- Amazon Prime Signs Content Deal With Zee Music Company
- Paytm Senior VP Krishna Hegde Quits
- Toy Maker Lego Teams Up With Tencent
- Safal Opens Six New Retail Outlets In Odisha
- Shoppers Stop Allots Rs 179.26 Crore Shares To Amazon
- Bike Sharing Company OFO Plans To Team Up With Paytm
- Godrej Appliances To Expand Shirwal Plant