PhonePe gives a boost to UPI during Flipkart’s Big 10 sale
Flipkart’s Big 10 sale has helped PhonePe add more users and see a sharp rise in transactions as it offered steep cashbacks of up to 30% for all transactions for the sale made through its appMay 19, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Digital payments platform, PhonePe has processed over one million transactions through UPI during the five day sale on Flipkart, which closed on Thursday.
Flipkart’s Big 10 sale has helped PhonePe add more users and see a sharp rise in transactions as it offered steep cashbacks of up to 30% for all transactions for the sale made through its app.
Sameer Nigam, CEO, PhonePe, said, “Overall, PhonePe saw 2.5-million transactions in the five days of the sale for a total value of Rs 250 crore, with its wallet seeing 1 million transactions and the rest coming from credit and debit cards, said.
According to Nigam, “PhonePe saw 40% of all prepaid transactions for Flipkart, Myntra and Jabong. 90% of the total traffic for Flipakrt's sale came through mobile. PhonePe also saw 1.6 million app downloads in five days.”
PhonePe's figures are likely to give a big boost to UPI numbers this month. According to data from the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), about 3 lakh UPI transactions have been done every day in the month of May so far. With this sale, PhonePe has alone seen over 2 lakh UPI transactions a day this week.
The sale may have also helped PhonePe surpass daily transaction numbers of the government-backed BHIM app.
While BHIM app has the highest share among UPI transactions, among private players, PhonePe seems to have the lead, and the numbers during the sale seems to have further boosted it.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Virtuous Retail Bags $175 Million Of Additional Equity
- Motorola Launches Three Moto Hubs In kolkata
- Wal-Mart Share Rises In 3rd Quarter
- Diamond Producers Association Begins Its Operation In India
- Raymond Aims To Double Its Turnover To 1000 Crore In 3-4 Years
- New York's Luxury Brand COACH Opens At IGI Airport
- ShopClues Launches Electronic Label Digimate
- Paytm Partners with ICICI Bank For Quick Credit
- Rural FMCG Market To reach $220 Billion By 2025
- BIBA Opens Its New Store In Ghittorni