Patanjali Looks For Venture Fund
Besides FMCG (fast-moving consumer goods) segment, Patanjali is present in sectors such as education and healthcareJanuary 12, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
Baba Ramdev-led Patanjali Ayurved is in talks with several foreign venture funds for investment in its ongoing projects like food processing units and manufacturing units.
The Haridwar-based company has held several meetings with leading fund managers in Mumbai in last couple of months through financial services company UBS and IDFC.
Patanjali spokesperson S K Tijarawala said “We had meetings with the world's largest equity funds through the letter circulated by UBS and then it was facilitated by IDFC also. Through them, we met over a dozen venture capitalists in last couple of months. As per Patanjali's policy, it would go with its own terms for such fundings, which means no stake, no share and lower rate of interest. Our terms are very simple that we would not allot any share or stake of Patanjali to them. We want the money simply in the form of loan, which should have lower interest rate than that of bank. We would not dilute our icon and identity for which we are known, that is Swadeshi and India-made products.”
LVMH, which is in the process of investing around Rs 5,000 crore, is evaluating the offers.
Besides FMCG (fast-moving consumer goods) segment, Patanjali is present in sectors such as education and healthcare.
Recently, it had forayed into kids and adult diapers and affordable sanitary napkin segments. Last month, it also announced its foray into solar equipment manufacturing.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Online grocery Store BigBasket To Invest Rs 500 Cr
- FranGlobal Eyes USD 100 Million Investments From Gulf Investors
- Grasim Industries Gets Green Nod For Expansion Project
- Organized Retail In India Will Rise To 10% In Next Two Years-CRISIL
- Liberty Shoes To Add 50 More Stores By Next Year
- Future Group In Talks To Acquire Grocery Retailer FoodWorld Supermarkets
- Oneplus Opens First Offline Store In Mumbai
- Birla Cellulose Expands Its Global Outreach With The Launch Of New York Design Studio
- E-Commerce Republic Day Sale Kicks Off From January 21
- Flipkart And Amazon To Offer Up To 80% Discount In First Sale Of 2018