LG Electronics plans to enter into online market with a line-up of exclusive
The company, which will also give a thrust to selling smartphones on these digital marketplaces, plans to partner Amazon, Flipkart and Paytm under its online sales strategyMay 19, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Home appliances and electronics major, LG Electronics plans to go online with a line-up of television, refrigerator and washing machine models. The company will sell these products exclusively on ecommerce portals.
The company, which will also give a thrust to selling smartphones on these digital marketplaces, plans to partner Amazon, Flipkart and Paytm under its online sales strategy.
Kim Ki-Wan, Managing Director, LG Electronics, said, “LG also plans to integrate its 680-odd exclusive brand stores with the ecommerce marketplaces whereby products ordered online will be supplied to the consumer from a nearby offline store to ensure faster delivery and that there are no damages in transit.”
LG will roll out its online sales in India by end of this year.
Kin-Wan said, “We don’t want to jeopardise our offline sales channel with the online strategy. We will have exclusive models for online sales, both in terms of design and features. This is both for televisions and appliances. There could be some benefits for consumers buying online, such as discount or additional warranty. However, the long-term strategy will be to offer convenience to the customers.”
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- LG Electronics India expects 20% rise in sales this year
- ShopClues launches home decor label Home Berry
- Xiaomi plans to double India sales
- Tablez India launches first stores of Springfield and Women'Secret in Bangalore
- Bata looks to expand into Tier III and Tier IV markets
- Essel Finance signs Business Transfer Agreement with Intec Capital
- MobiKwik ties-up with Samsung Pay for one-tap payments on select devices
- Flipkart makes revised offer of about $950 mn to acquire Snapdeal
- Paytm invests undisclosed amount in mobile loyalty startup MobiQuest
- Raymond to launch Khadi by Raymond on October 2