Koutons converts more outlets to family stores
Apparel company Koutons Retail is in a consolidation mode and is assessing the performance of its existing 1,400 outlets. The company plans to have a store count of 1,500 outlets the end of March 2010
September 17, 2009 | comments ( 1 ) |
Apparel company Koutons Retail is in a consolidation mode and is assessing the performance of its existing 1,400 outlets. The company plans to have a store count of 1,500 outlets the end of March 2010. Noticing a good response and better footfalls in the family stores format, all the new outlets will be based on the family store format, the company has now relocated about 50 outlets across India and converted over 150 exclusive men's outlets into their family store format, housing the men's, women's and kid's collection all under one roof. The first such store was opened in April 2008. The new stores will be between 4,000 to 5,000 square feet. The company is going ahead with the plans very cautiously due to the slowdown that affected market sentiments. The company plans to make an investment of Rs 100-150 crore for this financial year. Koutons is also testing the exclusive women and kids wear store format and if successful, will launch the format next year. Koutons, which positions itself as a mass brand, has recently added a new range - Feel Me, positioned slightly higher at a price point of Rs 899. The company hopes to strengthen its bottom line through this brand. The company sees opportunities in the Gulf for exports and plans to utilise its manufacturing capacity to enter into the export market in the next financial year.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Paytm targets 500 billion users by 2020
- Woodland expects Rs 400 crore export turnover by next two years
- Raymond collaborates with KVIC to promote Khadi
- LG to launch its 'LG Signature' premium brand of products in July
- Cow dung cakes being sold through e-commerce portals
- AION Capital in talks to buy stake in Future Group Holding Co
- Paytm to launch payments bank next week, names Renu Satti as its new CEO
- Panasonic India teams up with TCS to set up innovation Centre
- Espirit may soon open bricks and mortar stores in India
- Raymond launches ‘Khadi by Raymond’