Hitachi Expects India To Be Its 3rd Largest Market By 2021
Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning India which reported a turnover of Rs 1,971.58 crore in 2016-17 is expecting to double the figure to around Rs 4,000 crore by 2021-22January 12, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
Hitachi Air Conditioning expects India to be its third largest market by 2021 on the back of expansion of its product portfolio and sales network.
The company is also aiming to double its India sales to around Rs 4,000 crore in three years. Currently, India is its fourth largest market, behind China, North America and Japan.
Howard Lang firm's VP Global Sales, Marketing and Channel Development said “India is the fourth biggest current market for us. It’s growing very fast here and our ambition is to bring that to number three. At the growth rate which has been presented, we would see India probably number three by 2021.
The company, a JV between US-based Johnson Controls and Hitachi, Japan, looks at India as an important market, where it is the third most selling AC brand.
Company’s COO Shinichi Iizuka said “India is a big market for us and we would continue to invest here in manufacturing, sales and marketing.
Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning India, which reported a turnover of Rs 1,971.58 crore in 2016-17, is expecting to double the figure to around Rs 4,000 crore by 2021-22.
Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning India Managing Director Gurmeet Singh said “We have a growth target of roughly 15 per cent this year but till 2021 we target to reach double of our sales. We are available at 8,500 outlets today and we aim to go to around 11,000 by the end of this year”.
Presently, tier-I cities contribute around 65 per cent of its sales, while the rest 35 per cent is from tier II and III markets.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Online grocery Store BigBasket To Invest Rs 500 Cr
- FranGlobal Eyes USD 100 Million Investments From Gulf Investors
- Grasim Industries Gets Green Nod For Expansion Project
- Organized Retail In India Will Rise To 10% In Next Two Years-CRISIL
- Liberty Shoes To Add 50 More Stores By Next Year
- Future Group In Talks To Acquire Grocery Retailer FoodWorld Supermarkets
- Oneplus Opens First Offline Store In Mumbai
- Birla Cellulose Expands Its Global Outreach With The Launch Of New York Design Studio
- E-Commerce Republic Day Sale Kicks Off From January 21
- Flipkart And Amazon To Offer Up To 80% Discount In First Sale Of 2018