Flipkart To Launch ACs And Smart TVs
Flipkart launched the MarQ brand in October last year and currently sells microwave ovens TVs and washing machines under the brandJanuary 12, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
E-commerce major Flipkart has announced the expansion of 'MarQ' brand of consumer durables to offer ACs and smart TVs as it looks to drive more revenues from its private labels.
Flipkart launched the MarQ brand in October last year and currently sells microwave ovens, TVs and washing machines under the brand.
MarQ's 'InnoCool' range of ACs (1 and 1.5 ton variants) will be available on Flipkart from April, while the 32-inch HDR smart TV will go on sale in May.
Flipkart Head of Private Labels and Electronics Adarsh Menon said “Consumer durables are usually high-ticket items and consumers often tend to postpone the purchase to festive sale. That is what we want to change. Existing products under MarQ have been well-received by customers and he expects the brand to capture 10 per cent volume share in each of the categories. These ACs and smart TVs will be priced 10-20 per cent cheaper than comparable products. We are also ensuring that customers have access to the best after-sales service (during installation and later).”
The MarQ range of products are sold on Flipkart's platform through sellers. These sellers licence the brand from the company, which charges a fee from the sellers.
Flipkart, like its competitor Amazon, has been betting big on private labels to boost its business across categories. Its private labels include the likes of SmartBuy (electronics and other items), Billion (smartphone) and Metronaut (men's wear).
Flipkart has partnered LEEL Electronics (India), formerly known as Lloyd Electric and Engineering Ltd, to manufacture the ACs. For televisions, it has an existing tie-up with Dixon Technologies India.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Online grocery Store BigBasket To Invest Rs 500 Cr
- FranGlobal Eyes USD 100 Million Investments From Gulf Investors
- Grasim Industries Gets Green Nod For Expansion Project
- Organized Retail In India Will Rise To 10% In Next Two Years-CRISIL
- Liberty Shoes To Add 50 More Stores By Next Year
- Future Group In Talks To Acquire Grocery Retailer FoodWorld Supermarkets
- Oneplus Opens First Offline Store In Mumbai
- Birla Cellulose Expands Its Global Outreach With The Launch Of New York Design Studio
- E-Commerce Republic Day Sale Kicks Off From January 21
- Flipkart And Amazon To Offer Up To 80% Discount In First Sale Of 2018