Blue Star expects to reach a market share of 12.5% in FY2017-18
Blue Star is expected to spend Rs 45 crore and Rs 33 crore on advertising and new product development in fiscal 2018.March 20, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Currently having a market share of 11.5 per cent, Mumbai based AC maker, Blue Star,expects its market share in room air conditioners to expand by nearly 9 per cent to 12.5 per cent in fiscal 2018.
According to Blue Star’s management, an expected severe summer in 2017, strong demand from smaller towns and new products like its WiFi AC models and inverter split air conditioners which blows cool air in summers and warm air in winters, are driving causes for market share expansion in room air conditioners.
B Thiagarajan, Joint Managing Director, Blue Star’s, said, "The room air conditioners market in India grew 20 per cent between April and December 2016, while Blue Star outperformed the market with a growth of over 30 per cent. Blue Star expects to outperform the market in fiscal 2018 too, reaching a market share of 12.5 per cent."
To cater to the expected market demand, the company is enhancing its production capacity by setting up two additional units, one in Jammu and another in Andhra Pradesh. It currently has two factories in Himachal Pradesh.
Blue Star is expected to spend Rs 45 crore and Rs 33 crore on advertising and new product development in fiscal 2018.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Amazon India partners with Nuoaura for pan-India stationery supplies
- Alibaba and Tencent among new investors pouring $10 billion into China Unicom: Sources
- Cabinet approves India-Australia MoU on coorporation in textile sectors
- FreeCharge partners with digital entertainment companies to provide digital payment solutions to users
- Venture Catalysts to open offices in Lucknow, Kolkata and Nagpur in July
- GJF to launch Adhigam software to assist jewellers migrating to GST regime
- Apple's first batch of assembled in India iPhone SE available for sale in Select stores in Bengaluru
- The Rainforest Alliance releases results for Birla Cellulose CanopyStyle audit
- Toshiba to delay annual financial statement till August 10
- MaxWholesale raises $1 million from Indian Angel Network and Maple Capital