Amazon working on slimmer, better Eco speaker
The move is seen as Amazon's attempt to better Apple's HomePod that was launched in its Worldwide Developers Conference in June.July 15, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
E-commerce marketplace, Amazon is reportedly working on a new flagship Echo speaker that will be slimmer and better than its predecessor to regain the top spot in smart speaker space.
According to a report in Engadget, the updated model will be shorter and slimmer, akin to three or four stacked Echo Dots.
The move is seen as Amazon's attempt to better Apple's HomePod that was launched in its Worldwide Developers Conference in June.
The new Echo would offer better sound using several tweeters instead of just one, similar to the HomePod that will sport seven tweeters when it ships this December.
Amazon is also planning to improve Echo's microphone technology as well as the design.
According to the report, if Amazon can stick to a $180 price tag, it will retain at least one advantage over the HomePod, which will sell for $349.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Payments platform PhonePe looks to double its team
- Vision Express expands retail presence, opens new outlet in Delhi
- Shopclues Reduces Headcount By 45-50 Employees
- Flipkart Unfreezes To Increase Headcount, Offers 700 New Jobs
- Voonik's Revenue Rises To Rs 117 Crore In FY17
- Lifestyle Launches New Gift Card In Partnerhip With Qwikcilver
- Amazon India's Summer Sale for large appliances to start from midnight
- Sportina Exim Enters India With Houston Based Fitness Equipment 'Promaxima'
- Microsoft Enables Digital Payment Facility In 'Kaizala' app
- Zivame Invests Rs 40 Cr In Offline Segment For Sales Push