20 new sites signed up to open stores from next year by Walmart India
“As we speak, we have signed nearly 20 sites as well and we are well on our way to be on meeting the commitment and targets which we have,” Krish Iyer, President and CEO, Walmart IndiaDecember 05, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Walmart India has signed 20 new sites and will start new stores from the next year. Walmart which runs 21 Best Price wholesale stores in nine states, has already started work in some of the new projects. President and CEO, Walmart India, Krish Iyer recently said “As we speak, we have signed nearly 20 sites as well and we are well on our way to be on meeting the commitment and targets which we have,”
He added mentioning about the timeframe to start new sites as, “We have some ground breaking and we would start seeing new stores from the next year.” Walmart has plans to add 50 new stores by 2022 to take the total store count to 70.
A company official said “Out of these 50 stores, 5-7 new stores will become operational next year.” Walmart India is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Walmart Stores Inc and offering close to 5,000 items through its cash and carry wholesale format.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Dairy adds sour taste to Danone's 'resilient' year
- Walmart in talks to buy 40% of Flipkart's Stakes
- Godrej Appliances wins 207cr contract From ESSL
- Food delivery industry want the faster route home
- Dyson to invest Rs 1,300 crore in India operations
- Patanjali spent Rs 570cr on publicity in 2017
- H&M foresees better results in fiscal 2018
- Xiaomi launches Redmi Note 5, Redmi Note 5, Pro Mi TV 4 in India.
- Britannia to introduce 50 new products into market by March 2020
- Flipkart to celebrate Valentine’s Day with FlipHearts