20 new sites signed up to open stores from next year by Walmart India
“As we speak, we have signed nearly 20 sites as well and we are well on our way to be on meeting the commitment and targets which we have,” Krish Iyer, President and CEO, Walmart IndiaDecember 05, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Walmart India has signed 20 new sites and will start new stores from the next year. Walmart which runs 21 Best Price wholesale stores in nine states, has already started work in some of the new projects. President and CEO, Walmart India, Krish Iyer recently said “As we speak, we have signed nearly 20 sites as well and we are well on our way to be on meeting the commitment and targets which we have,”
He added mentioning about the timeframe to start new sites as, “We have some ground breaking and we would start seeing new stores from the next year.” Walmart has plans to add 50 new stores by 2022 to take the total store count to 70.
A company official said “Out of these 50 stores, 5-7 new stores will become operational next year.” Walmart India is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Walmart Stores Inc and offering close to 5,000 items through its cash and carry wholesale format.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Spanish Fashion Brand Springfield And Women's Secret Opens Its First Store In Mumbai
- Oppo Gets License To Set-Up Manufacturing Unit In Noida
- Online Payment Companies Plans To Increase Growth By Focusing Bus And Metro Commuters
- CaratLane To open 10 Offline Stores In India
- Reliance Retail Plans To Expand B To B Play
- Woodland Eyes 15 Percent Revenue In FY2018
- Mojostar In Talks To Bag $10 Million From venture capital
- Blacksoil Capital Invests Rs 15 Crore In eShakti.com
- Forever 21 Opens Its 21st Store in Indore
- Jaquar will open 15 stores globally targeting US $1 bn turnover by 2022