Paytm, India's biggest private B2C player in rail ticket bookings
While the Paytm Wallet is accepted on the IRCTC platform, the company also powers the payment gateway on IRCTC's app.February 17, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Paytm's online rail booking platform is doing more ticket bookings than any other private online B2C player in India, second only to the IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) official website.
The company launched online train ticket bookings in partnership with IRCTC in September this year to complete the full range of air, road and rail booking solutions available on Paytm.
While the Paytm Wallet is accepted on the IRCTC platform, the company also powers the payment gateway on IRCTC's app.
Given that over 30 million Indians use the Indian Railways to travel every day, this move will play a major role in making cashless transactions a way of life across all geographies and demographic profiles in India.
Abhishek Rajan, VP, Paytm, said, "We are thrilled to partner with IRCTC for online rail bookings and bring the trusted Paytm experience to India's single largest group of travelers. We are encouraged by the response received for rail ticket bookings on Paytm app. Emerging as the country's biggest private B2C player in online rail ticket bookings is a big step towards our goal of building India's largest travel ticketing platform."
Paytm is the first horizontal e-commerce major to enter into Travel business, a domain that has hitherto been dominated by vertical players. The company has chosen Bengaluru as the base of operations for its Travel Marketplace.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Tulip Retail teams up with True Fit to provide personalised shopping experience
- Cisco hands over its first Made-in-India product
- Apple to start making iPhone 6 and 6S models in India
- Hidesign plans to open outlets at international airports and expand its business internationally
- MobiKwik introduces employee reimbursement management product
- Lava works on strengthening its connect with offline retail stores
- Demonetisation continue to reverberate scross high-street shops and malls
- Amazon.com to buy Dubai-based internet retailer Souq.com
- Gionee plans to foray into physical retail space in India
- Ralph Lauren makes India plans with Adity Birla Fashion and Retail