Minister of Textiles inaugurates Welspun India Ltd.'s new plant
The Rs150-crore facility will have capabilities of spun lace and needle punch lines that can manufacture multi-layer composites for various applications.March 20, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Home textiles manufacturer Welspun India Ltd. has forayed into new technologies in its technical textile with its Needle Entangled Advance Textile Plant in Anjar.
The plant was inaugurated by Minister of Textiles Smriti Irani on Saturday.
The Rs150-crore facility will have capabilities of spun lace and needle punch lines that can manufacture multi-layer composites for various applications.
This advanced and innovative technology will provide non-woven solutions for high-end industrial applications such as filtration, acoustics, automotive, fire safety, thermal insulation, vibration control, noise control, aerospace, defence and mass transportation.
The initial capacity of the manufacturing unit will be 2,400 tonnes per annum. Further, Welspun has invested Rs100 crore to set up a fresh fully automated cut and sew unit in the made-ups segment with a capacity of 10 million units per annum.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Alapatt ventures into e-commerce field
- Kalyan Jewellers acquires online jewellery firm Candere
- TataCliQ to foray into newer categories and expanding its brand portfolio
- Jaquar Group takes over sanitary ware manufacturing plant for INR 100 Crores
- TCS launches Merchant Pay, to integrate payments across multiple channels
- Tesco Bengaluru hires Sumit Mitra as CEO
- Wallmart’s startup investment arm appoints Jenny Fleiss, as CEO, for its first portfolio company
- Shopclues launches of its latest TVC
- HCL likely to acquire US-based UFS for $30 million
- Jack & Jones partners with NBA for an exclusive capsule collection