Metro cash & carry in Mumbai
Will cater to hotels, restaurants and kiranas.
May 20, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Metro Cash & Carry, the international leader in self-service wholesale, opens its first store in Mumbai. Located at Neptune’s Magnet Mall in Bhandup, the new outlet – Metro Cash & Carry's fourth in India – caters to hotels, restaurants and kiranas. “We are convinced that our unique business-to-business concept will be very successful in Mumbai and well accepted by our professional customers,” said Martin Dlouhy, MD, Metro Cash & Carry India. “We see vast potential for our wholesale centres in this metropolis. We are already exploring possibilities to open more outlets to effectively meet the needs of our customers.” The Metro Cash & Carry centre in Mumbai has a selling space of 70,000 sq.ft. Most of the work to build this outlet was carried out by local contractors, mainly using local material. Due to scarce availability of appropriate real estate, this is the first time Metro Cash & Carry India has built a multi-level wholesale centre. “To meet the special needs of our professional customers, we have to prove our flexibility and adaptability – also in terms of the location of our business,” said Dlouhy. The product range in the Mumbai centre comprises more than 18,000 articles; 8,000 food and 10,000 non-food products. The focus on local suppliers, which is typical for Metro Cash & Carry’s business model, is also pursued in India. Around 95 percent of the goods on display in Mumbai originate from local producers and distributors.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Good News for Start-ups: Government to show leniency on tax
- US No. 2 sportswear brand, Under Armour to enter New Delhi
- The biggest hurdle in India's eCommerce being tackled by Flipkart's Binny Bansal
- H&M to station it's largest store at DLF Mall of India
- Godrej Appliances Adds Products in the Premium Segment
- Reliance Cement starts online retailing in UP
- British Safety Council conferred DLF with Sword of Honour
- Vodafone CEO says preparing for IPO of India unit, no timeline set
- Delhi Police sends notice to Flipkart over sale of stolen mobile phones
- CredR forays into Hyderabad