Café Coffee Day to tie up with retail chains
Café Coffee Day (CCD) plans to tie up with leading retail chains in the B2C space to vend its coffees at a national level.
September 24, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Café Coffee Day (CCD) plans to tie up with leading retail chains in the B2C space to vend its coffees at a national level. The coffee retail chain proposes to have a ‘dual’ strategy to expand its business both as a packaged retail brand as well as a coffee chain. There are also plans to sell percolators for which the company would be providing after-sales services. Currently, Café Coffee Day retails its brand at Metro, the cash-and- carry format store. However, unlike the brews available at its coffee chains, its retail strategy would have select flavours to cater to the in-home consumption category. Two kinds of coffee would be available on retail shelves. One would be the brew coffee and the other quick coffee. Its retail presence on the shop shelves is being seen as a forward integration of its business. Besides, it would continue to sell some of its coffees and filters at its existing coffee parlours as well. With funding from private equity players such as Sequoia Capital and Deutsche Bank, CCD is well-equipped to spread its retail operations. Currently, there are 1,200 café retail outlets in the country of which 810 are CCD outlets.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Kalyan Jewellers acquires online jewellery firm Candere
- TataCliQ to foray into newer categories and expanding its brand portfolio
- Jaquar Group takes over sanitary ware manufacturing plant for INR 100 Crores
- TCS launches Merchant Pay, to integrate payments across multiple channels
- Tesco Bengaluru hires Sumit Mitra as CEO
- Wallmartâ€™s startup investment arm appoints Jenny Fleiss, as CEO, for its first portfolio company
- Shopclues launches of its latest TVC
- HCL likely to acquire US-based UFS for $30 million
- Jack & Jones partners with NBA for an exclusive capsule collection
- Reliance Trends plans to launch products on Amazon, Flipkart