Asian Paints Ltd to acquire Causeway Paints in an all cash deal
Asian Paints did not disclose the deal size. However, it said, CPLPL reported revenue of Sri Lankan Rupee 5,630 million (approx Rs 253.60 crore) in the previous fiscal.February 17, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Asian Paints has said that its subsidiary Berger International will fully acquire Sri Lanka's Causeway Paints in an all cash deal.
Asian Paints Ltd said, "Berger International Pvt Ltd, Singapore, indirect subsidiary of the company, has entered into a share purchase agreement with the existing shareholders of Causeway Paints Lanka (Pvt) Ltd (CPLPL), Sri Lanka, for acquisition of 100 per cent stake in CPLPL in an all cash deal."
It further said, "The aforesaid transaction is with an objective of enhancing the group's presence in the Sri Lankan market where the company through its subsidiary company, Asian Paints (Lanka) Ltd, already has operations".
Asian Paints did not disclose the deal size. However, it said, CPLPL reported revenue of Sri Lankan Rupee 5,630 million (approx Rs 253.60 crore) in the previous fiscal.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- After Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, BMI to sell FCUK
- LG Electronics to introduce more India-specific products
- DMart IPO buzz brings a windfall for retail stocks
- MobiKwik to invest Rs 300 crore on acquiring merchants
- Myntra aims to curate 25 to 30 Mango stores over the next 5 years
- Snapdeal to put FreeCharge on sale to Naspers
- Myntra to invest in 15-20 brands with Brand Accelerator programme
- Yepme launches uk.yepme.com to service customers across UK
- Snapdeal reports a 50% overall increase in the sale of GM products
- Air India to raise USD250 million by putting two Dreamliners on sale